Wooden blinds or roller blinds? What’s right for your home?
Choosing the right look and window treatment for your number one asset, your home, can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t have the “eye” for it.
There are some very simple steps you can take to create the perfect space, especially when it comes to window treatments. Add to this the Design Consultation Process by Ven-lu-ree Blind Services and your home look will be sorted in no time.
Let’s go through the top five tips.
- Make a list of the rooms in your home you want to decorate ie: bedroom, bathroom, living room, home office.
- Decide if you want the same theme for each, like warm and cosy, cool and contemporary, modern and architectural.
- Once you’ve decided on your theme or themes, start collecting ideas for window treatments by going online – use search terms like modern blinds, wooden blinds, venetian blinds, vertical blinds, horizontal blinds, roller blinds or honeycomb blinds.
- Also have a look through home and decorating magazines – they can seem expensive so try the library or ask if you can borrow magazines from friends or family.
- Once you’ve got some ideas together, give us a call at Ven-lu-ree Blind Services. We’ll send out one of our experienced design consultants to help you bring it all together.
Ven-lu-ree Blind Services Design Consultation Process
Our design consultants will take you through a process which will result in your home having a wonderful fresh look and feel. Book a consultation and one of our highly experienced consultants come to you and guide you through the whole experience.
Here are five things you should be discussing with your designer:
- UV light – ultra-violet light can seriously damage expensive floors, carpets and your window treatments. When selecting a window treatment for a “hot room” stick with blinds that are going to allow you to completely block out the sunshine. We recommend venetian blinds or vertical blinds . These blinds allow you to let in as much or as little sun as the conditions determine.
- Privacy and Security – We’ve all heard of nosy neighbours. When thinking about your window treatments in a bedroom for instance, go with roller blinds which will allow you complete privacy. Vertical blinds are also a great way to keep out prying eyes.
- Your style – what sort of a person are you when it comes to style – are you an extrovert for instance? That would lead you down the path of bright and colourful blinds. Or are you cool and modern, then contemporary colours will suit you best.
- Colour – whilst you might love bright orange, that’s not necessarily going to make for the best choice for a bedroom. Think about how you use each room. Generally neutral colours are a safe choice but don’t be afraid to select something that will make a dull room pop with colour.
- Budget – have a budget in mind? Probably not, so this is where our design consultant can be a major help. The designer will be able to guide you on price and affordability. We have literally hundreds and hundreds of blinds available and something to suit every price point.
Atg Ven-lu-ree Blind Services, our team is always available to speak to you about our range of blinds and blind cleaning, repair and installation services, as well as design consultation. Enquire now.